SPECIAL COUNTYWIDE FUNDING
ARTS & CULTURE ORGANIZATIONS SERVING
In response to the onslaught of COVID-19 and its disproportionate impact on communities of color, one-time emergency general operating support is available to arts and culture organizations serving Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) communities. Preference will be given to eligible organizations that intentionally serve BIPOC communities and didn’t receive support through the City’s fiscal year 2021 Organization Support Program or Creative Communities San Diego funding categories.
What do you need to know?
- Application Timeline: October 12, 2020 – November 13, 2020
- Access all application materials here: https://www.sandiego.gov/arts-culture/funding/cares
- Resources to help you apply:
- Upcoming Workshop: Introduction to Arts and Culture Funding Opportunities hosted by Council Districts–
- CARES Grant Initiative Workshop- Join staff as we take a deep dive into the application. Register by clicking on links below:
- Office Hours SIGN UP– These 30 min meetings are meant to provide 1:1 support to help you apply.
- HABLAMOS ESPANOL! Porfavor contacte a Karla si necesita ayuda en español: [email protected]
We look forward to working with you!
CGI is a one-time special grant initiative in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic funded by Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act money awarded to the California Arts Council (CAC) through the National Endowment for the Arts, a federal agency, and allocated to their State-Local Partners, including the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture