Dec 16: Voter Education Town Hall
Learn about the California Voter’s Choice Act!
The Registrar of Voters will be conducting a virtual public consultation meeting to discuss preparations for the Development of the Draft Election Administration Plan (EAP) pursuant to the Voter’s Choice Act (VCA).
This public consultation will be held on Thursday, December 16 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. to inform voters of the upcoming changes to voting in the June 7, 2022, Gubernatorial Primary Election.
The California Voter’s Choice Act modernizes elections in California by allowing counties to conduct elections under a model which provides greater flexibility and convenience for voters.
This election model allows voters to choose how, when, and where to cast their ballot by:
- Mailing every voter a ballot
- Expanding in-person early voting
- Allowing voters to cast a ballot at any vote center within their county
For the safety of all attendees, we require the following from participants in our meetings:
- Have a (paid or) free Zoom account and log in to it before attending
- Use a current recognizable photo of their face as the profile picture
- Use their legal first and last names on their profile
For help on setting up zoom, please see sandiegonaacp.org/zoom-setup
At 6pm on December 16th, you may join the discussion by clicking below: