in the NAACP San Diego Branch
The NAACP San Diego Branch, founded in 1919 and dedicated to the Civil Rights of all persons and eliminating race-based discrimination, is looking for leaders who would like to serve their communities through advocacy.
We are looking for individuals who want to inform, connect, and empower our membership, so that we are a strong, vibrant organization, run from the grass roots on up.
We expect all applicants to:
- Be committed to the cause of Civil Rights
- Be members of the NAACP San Diego Branch (join today)
- Live or work in the greater San Diego area, south of the 56 Freeway
- Have good communications and leadership skills
- Have (or gain) familiarity with our bylaws
We are seeking people who would like to serve in the following capacities as specified in our bylaws:
- Assistant Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
- Armed Services and Veterans’ Affairs Chair
- Community Coordination Chair
- Criminal Justice Chair
- Housing Chair
- Labor & Industry Chair
- Membership and Life Membership Chair
- Young Adult Chair
Our bylaws give the duties of each of these committees in a paragraph or so starting on page 38 (the Secretary is on page 34.) We invite you to read the relevant section of the bylaws and then fill out a brief application form.
We are also looking to recruit enthusiastic, outgoing people as Social Media Contributors to take the Branch’s social media presence to the next level. ou feel you are qualified to provide leadership in this areas, please fill out our brief application form.
We will contact everyone who applies.
Thank you for your interest in service with the NAACP San Diego Branch, and for whatever work you do, with us or with others, to help our Community thrive.