Resources for Home-Based Education
Information on this page is provided on a good-faith basis and we believe it will be helpful. We do not, however, officially endorse these organizations, businesses, or individuals.
- Akira’s Book Club
- Working Together to Improve Outcomes for all Black Children and Families
- Feb 27: ACT-SO Writer’s Workshop
- Feb 14, 2022 Education Newsletter
- Rochester: Child Trauma at the Hands of “Peace Officers”
- Black History Videos for Students
- Amanda Gorman’s First Teachers
- Revised Position Statement on the Deputy Secretary Nomination
- Jan 18, 2021 Education Column
- Hope for Schools in 2021
- Job Notice: Southwestern Community College
- Reopening Schools: Phase One Failure
The Committee on Education shall: (1) seek to eliminate segregation and other discriminatory practices in public education; (2) study local educational conditions affecting minority groups; (3) investigate the public school system and school zoning; (4) familiarize itself with textbook material there from which is racially derogatory; (5) seek to stimulate school attendance; (6) keep informed of school conditions and strive to correct abuses where found; (7) investigate the effects of standardized and high stakes testing practices; (8) teacher certification; (9) promote parental involvement in education; and (10) aim to be a center of popular education on the race question and on the work of the Association.
The NAACP San Diego Branch Committee on Education is very busy keeping track of all the “shenanigans” occurring in our schools, as well as our other major educational initiatives. PLEASE come out and help!
If you can’t do that, but have something we need to hear about, email us:
Nothing from Thu, Mar 4, 2021 to Fri, Jun 4, 2021.