- Watch: Police Budget Townhall with the IBAWe were so grateful to Ms Tevlin for her presentation! Police Budget Townhall with the IBA CriminalJustice #CitizensJustice #WeAreDoneDying #naacpsandiego #naacp #sandiego #socal #california
- December 9: The Fire Next TimeMembers’ Book Club Book of the Month: Our next book club book is The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin. A national bestseller when it first appeared in 1963, The Fire Next Time galvanized the nation and gave passionate voice to the emerging civil rights movement. At once a powerful evocation of James Baldwin’s early life in […]
- November 11: The Underground RailroadMembers’ Book Club Book of the Month: The alternate history novel tells the story of Cora and Caesar, two slaves in the southeastern United States during the 19th century, who make a bid for freedom from their Georgia plantations by following the Underground Railroad, which the novel depicts as primarily a rail transport system in addition to a series of safe houses and […]
- Nov 10: Townhall with the District AttorneyPlease join us at 6pm, Tuesday November 10th for a presentation by and discussion with District Attorney Summer Stephan on the function, efforts and specialized units of the district attorney’s office. Join the Zoom meeting at sandiegonaacp.org/da-townhall-zoom. Please see sandiegonaacp.org/zoom-setup for instructions on how to set up zoom to attend NAACP San Diego Branch events. […]
- SDCBOE District 1 Candidate ForumOn Thursday night, October 22nd at 6pm the NAACP San Diego Branch will host a forum with the candidates for the San Diego County Office of Education District 1 board seat, Mark Powell and Gregg Robinson. This event is co-sponsored they the League of Women Voters and the California Charter Schools Association.
- October 14: CasteMembers’ Book Club Book of the Month: Please join us! We will meet, via Zoom for now, once per month to talk and share our feelings about books we’ve read selected by our members. Everyone will have the opportunity to nominate books for future meetings. We are meeting at 7pm on the 2nd Wednesday of […]
- Oct 8: Citizen Legislation: Propositions & MeasuresThe forum may be over, but you can view the slides here:
- Dec 1: #GivingTuesdayhttps://www.sandiegonaacp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Video.mp4 Giving Tuesday, often stylized as #GivingTuesday, is the Tuesday after U.S. Thanksgiving in the United States. It is a movement to create an international day of charitable giving at the beginning of the Christmas and holiday season. This year, the NAACP San Diego branch has a working budget and, since many of their members […]
- Aug 27: Environmental Justice Urban Masterclass
- Sep 9: HeavyMembers’ Book Club Book of the Month: We are meeting at 7pm on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Criteria for book nominations includes anything related to the African-American experience and any books written by black authors regardless of topics. To join, just send an email request to email@example.com We look forward to reading with […]
- Aug 12: The Bluest EyeMembers’ Book Club Book of the Month: The Bluest Eye is Toni Morrison’s first novel, a book heralded for its richness of language and boldness of vision. Set in the author’s girlhood hometown of Lorain, Ohio, it tells the story of black, eleven-year-old Pecola Breedlove. Pecola prays for her eyes to turn blue so that she […]
- Housing UpdateThe NAACP San Diego Branch understands what a critical issue housing is. We will be having a meeting at 6pm on Friday, June 26th, to give you an update on our efforts, especially our lawsuit against the San Diego Housing Commission. We will also share ways that you can get involved in both solving San […]
- New Member OrientationThe tragic death of Mr Floyd has rightly put a spotlight on the ongoing oppression of African-Americans in our country. We have seen an unprecedented outpouring of support for our community in the streets, and that outpouring has been mirrored by you, our new members. We thank you all for showing your support by joining […]
- Financial Literacy
- Feb 19 Superior Court Judges’ ForumOn Wednesday, February 19, the NAACP San Diego Branch will join San Diego Chapter of the Black Political Association of California (BAPAC SD) in hosting a voter education forum featuring candidates for the four open seats on the San Diego Superior Court. The forum will be held at the Educational Cultural Complex in southeastern San Diego. […]
BECOME A MEMBER!
Do you support our work? Join the team, and let’s get to work together!